[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Arkansas Riders Forum • View topic - What's your favorite road in the Smokies?

What's your favorite road in the Smokies?

Find a kick-ass road? Report it here.

Huge new pothole in a road people ride a lot? Let people know!

What's your favorite road in the Smokies?

Postby Batesvilledon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:52 am

I'm planning a trip in about a week to the smokies and will be riding in the Dragon area and staying about 60 miles north of there in Pigeon Forge. Anyone have any suggested must do roads in that area?
Batesvilledon
Menace to Forum Society

Re: What's your favorite road in the Smokies?

Postby Rub'n » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:56 am

The Snake is primo....I like it better than the Gap

http://www.421thesnake.com/
Professional Used to Be
Rub'n
Might sell my bike so I can post more.

Postby irun123arkansas » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:39 am

be sure to watch out for Bulgarians from Florida in that area. rumor has it they are reckless and agressive riders and tend to be on those roads at that time of the year. Also watch especially close if they are in Buffalo bob full size vans.
Right cheekpad goes by Right ear, Left cheekpad goes by Left ear..... FYI
irun123arkansas
Site Supporter 2011
Site Supporter 2011

Bike:

Postby zx9 Nick » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:15 pm

I have a long list let me see if i can find it...it's from motorcycleroads.us...before they changed up their format... :+1 ...on the Bulgarians from Florida...Tuzem is a wild man and a crappy rider
2011,2013 GP tipping champion
zx9 Nick
Site Supporter 2013
Site Supporter 2013

Bike:
My real first name:

Postby zx9 Nick » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:18 pm

zx9 Nick
Site Supporter 2013
Site Supporter 2013

Bike:
My real first name:

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:30 pm

The Cherohola is a must. :drool

Seriously, the Cherohola on a weekday is hard to beat. Miles of high speed sweepers with great surface and visability.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/S ... TN_5.shtml Here ya go. :ok

Watch out for Blount County Deputies and the photographers like Killboy as you round a corner on the Dragon, they will startle you at first.
Dan
Site Supporter 2012
Site Supporter 2012

Bike:
My real first name:

Postby Rub'n » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:05 pm

I'll give you a hint..wait til you're out'a Grahamn County on the Skyway....before you even think about high speed sweepers....
or don't.....they take personal checks....just like Jasper AR

Professional Used to Be
Rub'n

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:37 pm

We had a perfect trip a few years ago, early in the week, no traffic, before peak visitors and the crackdown had not started. :wheelie
Dan
Site Supporter 2012
Site Supporter 2012

Bike:
My real first name:

Postby Rub'n » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Well then...... I'd hit hard start to finish....
Same with the Gap...

He's a little late on get'n an early start, tho...unless we're talk'n Christmas shopping
BAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA
Professional Used to Be
Rub'n

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Mid April is perfect, too soon for tourist season, Sheriff Dept's making their plans for June shakedowns and was a great time with Heather,Todd,Dave,Smiley, Spencer and more. And get the room closest to the highway at the San Ran in Robbinsville. It is twice the size of the other rooms. :biglol
Dan
Site Supporter 2012
Site Supporter 2012

Bike:
My real first name:

Postby IGpoobah » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 pm

I liked cherohala as well even though it was foggy when I was there. Much less crowded.

IGpoobah
I am the spaminator

Bike:
My real first name:

Postby Rub'n » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:00 pm

And Robbinsville is in Graham County.......you can save a stamp

:biglol
Professional Used to Be
Rub'n

Postby Batesvilledon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks for all the fine advice guys. I'll do my best. It's just going to be a very small group of us track riders that are very slow on the street, so not a big chance of the wrong kind of excitement. I'll tell Nick you sent your greetings. Then I'll send him to the ozarks.
Batesvilledon
Menace to Forum Society

Postby zx9 Nick » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:59 pm

He belongs in the Ozarks not flatland Florida...just make sure you wait up for him on the intersections so the slow guy can catch up :lol3...actually he was talking about going to the Gap area in Mid July..i am kinda interested in it...i just don't know if i can handle the July heatwave unless it is a lot cooler up in the Smokies
zx9 Nick
Site Supporter 2013
Site Supporter 2013

Bike:
My real first name:

Postby Batesvilledon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:37 am

I think that would be the weekend of the 16-17 here in the Ozarks. Maybe it wont be too hot. I doubt I'll come back that early. Might want to stay and check out the Smokies in more detail. As far as waiting up for Nick, its the other way around when I ride with him. I'm the slow guy, but what can I say, I'm old :)
Batesvilledon
Menace to Forum Society

Next

Return to Road Reports