Ivans TRE or a Bazzazz?

Need help with your bike? Got a wealth of knowledge to share?

Ivans TRE or a Bazzazz?

Postby Secondz Away » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:06 am

Im looking for little improvements I can make and I was reading about Ivans TRE's and Bazzazz Timing retard calibrator for the Busa. As i understand it, they essentially trick the ecu into thinking its always in the same gear and remove the limiters placed by the factory in each gear?

Anyone using either of these...thoughts about which one might be better or if its really worth it?

Thanks,
Knowing the difference between right and wrong is easy. The hard part is choosing the wrong thats more right.
Sport Bike Kaoss V.P. / Photographer
www.sportbikekaoss.com
viceprezsbk@yahoo.com
Secondz Away
Hell on Wheels

Re: Ivans TRE or a Bazzazz?

Postby irun123arkansas » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 am

two wheeler will answer all of your Busa questions, he is intimate with that bike.
Right cheekpad goes by Right ear, Left cheekpad goes by Left ear..... FYI
irun123arkansas
Site Supporter 2011
Site Supporter 2011

Bike: zx14R 8"stretch

Postby zx9 Nick » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:45 am

The TRE removes the top speed limiter ( 186 mph)...by making the bike think that its in 5th gear...real simple stuff...the bike is not limited in the other gears..only worth getting if you want to do 190-195 mph and top out the bike...wont make any other improvements as far as performance...the best and cheapest mod if you want more performance not that the BUS needs it is lowered gearing
2011,2013 GP tipping champion
zx9 Nick
Site Supporter 2013
Site Supporter 2013

Bike: 03 Yamaha R1
My real first name: Nikolay

Postby arkansas » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:58 am

I used a TRE on my bonneville busa initially. It's supposed to have a smoother throttle response in the lower gears, but it was negligible at best. The two significant things were 1) top gear speed limit was gone and 2) the dash always showed 5th gear.

There is no reason to run a TRE if you use a power commander unless you are only looking to get rid of the speed limit. And if that's all you want, then you should look into flashing your ECU which gives you power commander tuning, drops the speed limit, and enables rev limit adjustments. I eventually dropped my PC3, TRE, etc and went this route when I got serious at Bonneville. I was nervous about complexity is why I didn't go that route to begin with, but realized after the switch that it was a non-issue.

I'm not personally familiar with the Bazaaz unit, but I know they do offer some very quality components.

-justin
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do for all their life." - Marco Simoncelli #58. RIP Super Sic.
arkansas
Baja or Bust Baby!

Postby 2Wheeler » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:24 pm

arkansas wrote:I used a TRE on my bonneville busa initially. It's supposed to have a smoother throttle response in the lower gears, but it was negligible at best. The two significant things were 1) top gear speed limit was gone and 2) the dash always showed 5th gear.

There is no reason to run a TRE if you use a power commander unless you are only looking to get rid of the speed limit. And if that's all you want, then you should look into flashing your ECU which gives you power commander tuning, drops the speed limit, and enables rev limit adjustments. I eventually dropped my PC3, TRE, etc and went this route when I got serious at Bonneville. I was nervous about complexity is why I didn't go that route to begin with, but realized after the switch that it was a non-issue.

I'm not personally familiar with the Bazaaz unit, but I know they do offer some very quality components.

-justin

Good advice right there. TRE is not worht the money. Check out this site. http://www.boostbysmith.com/ecugen2.html All the hardware you need and the software is FREE. You can do amazing things with the ECU in the Busa. I just put a new pipe and PowerCommander V on my Busa. When I get the chance I am going to get a full custom tune with the ECU editor. I can then get rid of the PC V. Here is another link. http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/ind ... oard=124.0. Lots of info on the ECU editor software and hardware needed to use it.
I talked to my mother, I said... "I'm crazy mom help me" she said "I know how you feel son cause it runs in the family"

The purpose of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
2Wheeler
Site Supporter 2011
Site Supporter 2011

Bike: 2011 ZX10R
My real first name: Danny

Postby Secondz Away » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:04 pm

awesome...thanks for the info everyone!
Knowing the difference between right and wrong is easy. The hard part is choosing the wrong thats more right.
Sport Bike Kaoss V.P. / Photographer
www.sportbikekaoss.com
viceprezsbk@yahoo.com
Secondz Away
Hell on Wheels

Return to Technical Help Center