New from North Logan County

New to the forum? Don't be shy! Introduce yourself!

New from North Logan County

Postby oldandcrotchety » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:56 pm

A post to introduce myself. I live out in rural Logan county, about 8 miles west and south of Paris. I like most anything with wheels. Especially older stuff. In addition to my Venture Royale, I also have a cheap, crappy Chinese scooter, an old Honda 3 wheeler, and two bicycles. Also an old 1974 Pinto Wagon. Looks like most people here prefer sport bikes. Understandable considering the average age of members. At my age, if I rode 30 miles on a sport bike, someone on the other end would need to be waiting with a cherry picker to lift me off, and I would likely remain in the same position for quite some time. OK, time for me to go back to browsing the board.

1. Boxers/Briefs/Thong/Grannies/Commando: Boxer Briefs
2. Years riding: about 48 years, started in 1965
3. Biggest mistake in life you've ever made: first wife
4. Current AND Other bikes owned: current is a yamaha venture royale. bunch of bikes in the past. Favorites were 1972 HD superglide FX, and a 72 or 73 (can't remember) BMW 65/5, & 78 CB550
5. Is synthetic oil better than dino oil? Oh....I don't know, but I ain't paying the price for the synthetic
6. When was the last time you lubed your chain? Been a while since I owned a bike with a chain.
7. 87 or 91 octane? 87
8. Number of crashes? 2 first was a t-bone into a left turning Studebaker in Little Rock, and 2nd time was a t-bone into the side of a deer in Germany. (That one really hurt, as I was doing about 60 or 65 mph at the time)
9. Preferred riding gear? Helmet and whatever I happen to be wearing at the time.
10. Is riding gear significant to you? Only the brain bucket.
11. Favorite movie: American Graffiti
12. When was the last time you were kicked in the groin? As a teenager. Guy didn't fight fair.
13. What was the most interesting/adventurous ride you ever were on? Touring Germany and part of France on a Honda in 1973.
14. Age/sex/location 60 - male - Logan County Ar
15. How often do you ride? As often as the dirt road I live on allows. @ miles to the nearest pavement, and when this road is fresh graded, you really need four wheels on the ground.
16. Why did you really get into motorcycles? When you are 13, your choices are pretty limited.
17. What riding education/experience do you have? No education, lots of experience. Most of it good, some of it bad, but the bad tends to be very educational.
18. Where do you like to ride in Arkansas? I'm not particular
19. Rider education...took an MSF or did a track day..maybe read some books Well, I do have several autographed books by Daniel Meyer.
oldandcrotchety
Fresh Meat

Bike: yamaha venture royale
My real first name: Fred

Re: New from North Logan County

Postby IGpoobah » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Welcome aboard
IGpoobah
I am the spaminator

Bike: 02 ZX6R
My real first name: Eric

Return to Introduction Area