Road Course here in Central AR?

Road coarse, drag, whatever, get it here.

Road Course here in Central AR?

Postby doublec » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:51 pm

Okay guys and gals, I was talking to Ducatisti the other day when he mentioned something about a road course being built here in central AR. After doing some research we found the website to the facility. The only problem is that it looks like this person is a real car enthusiast and we need to persuade him to keep us 2-wheeled adrenaline junkies in mind when he breaks ground and starts building the facility. Here is the web address
http://www.arkansasmotorsportranch.com/index.html
Check it out and post your comments. This might be a chance to finally get a track in central AR.
doublec
Hell on Wheels

Postby gone » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:25 pm

Standard Member:
1. $2500 one time initiation fee.
2. $125/month dues
3. $25 per run session
4. Immediate family (spouse and dependent children) are allowed spectator access. Unlimited Passenger privileges for family members maybe added for an additional $25/month otherwise guest passes must be used for family passengers.
5. Vote/member=1
6. Family member can be added full membership for ½ initiation fee and ½ monthly dues.
7. Guest passes/month:10 passenger/spectator passes and 1 driving guest-(driver limited to 2 sessions per visit and 2 visits per year limit)

WTF over?!!! Same crud is happening at a track being built in NJ
gone
Jedi Website Card Slinger

Postby LudaChris » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:26 pm

Will be interesting to see if they pull it off. You should not need to convince them to keep bikes in mind. All of the tracks we attend today were designed for cars and a few of them are clubs like this one will be. To make it motorcycle friendly, they would have to eliminate any walls, armcos or trees, like the ones in the pic below.

Here is a conceptual drawing:
LudaChris
Might sell my bike so I can post more.

Holy CoW!

Postby Shelby » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:30 pm

Holy freekin' COW! This is awesome - just the fact that a road course may be here! Yeee Haaaw!
Shelby
AHSCS #110 @GunpowderRacing
2013 Sponsors: Cycle Gear, Dunlop, FMF, Factory Connection, Vortex, EKS X Brand Goggles & Mrs. Johnson
http://www.gunpowderracing.com
Shelby
AKA "The Human GPS"

Postby LudaChris » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:33 pm

Check out the membership fees. :D
LudaChris

Postby Shelby » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:57 pm

LudaChris wrote:Check out the membership fees. :D

Sure the fees are steep but this makes me suspect that in order to broaden the revenue they might consider branching out to other uses like us with the possibility of offering motorcycle lapping days even if it were only for a few weekends per year.

It's tough for me to imagine they would have a lot of individual members so other revenue streams will offset operational costs. And we can hope a few of those might be taliored to motorcycle enthusiasts.
Shelby
AHSCS #110 @GunpowderRacing
2013 Sponsors: Cycle Gear, Dunlop, FMF, Factory Connection, Vortex, EKS X Brand Goggles & Mrs. Johnson
http://www.gunpowderracing.com
Shelby
AKA "The Human GPS"

Postby LudaChris » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:04 am

IF it gets built and IF they branch out to motorcycles, they will probably lease the facility to a track day organization. That will probably be the only way that it will be affordable for folks who are thinking about riding their bike there. If they really build it and they really let members in with bikes and I don't move out this place, I will be a member. :D
ECR and MSR are what this site advertises that this track will be. It all depends on the deep pockets who are building it.
LudaChris

Postby smileyman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:34 am

Running it counter clockwise means moving the paddock area and 3 turns worth of trees for adequate run off, car or bike. Running clockwise is not an option given runoff woul put you back across the track and maybe onto pit road! :eek I love the idea, would love to be a member, would love it if they reconsider their design. BTW I did not catch where this was to be located in Central AR?
Industria, Virtus, et Fortitudo!
Losers find excuses to quit and fail...
Winners find ways to succeed! !
smileyman
I kinda kick ass!

Bike: CBR650F
My real first name: Chris

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:01 am

That would be great. Would suck though if it closed a year after it opened and your initial membership fee down the drain.
Dan
Site Supporter 2012
Site Supporter 2012

Bike: Katana 600 D&D
My real first name: Tres gónadas hombre

Postby LudaChris » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:07 am

smileyman wrote:Running it counter clockwise means moving the paddock area and 3 turns worth of trees for adequate run off, car or bike. Running clockwise is not an option given runoff woul put you back across the track and maybe onto pit road! :eek I love the idea, would love to be a member, would love it if they reconsider their design. BTW I did not catch where this was to be located in Central AR?

...and those reasons make me think that if they build it, it will be a car only track. Excellent observations Smileydude. :D
LudaChris

Postby Tinks » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:32 am

OK, guys and gals. Here goes. I called the guy. I wanted the skinny. He needs to know what he has by way of support. NOW, yes, they do want memberships. I'm not going to put that in this post, it is earlier in the section. They also need to know the interest level for Club racing.

Here is why.

He is looking at how his insurance needs to be underwritten. Adding motorcycles is a significant expense, so he needs to be able to see if there is a return on the investment (ROI). I/M/O that is reasonable.

Yes, they are talking about a barrier-less environment. Ideal for motorcycles.

If you attend an AMA sponsored event, by a member who is authorized to sponsor the event, there is $1mil in liability coverage. SO, club races aren't out of the question. He just needs a tally of what goes where.

NOW, how to do it.

If you are seriously interested in a membership, they need to know. If 25% is motorcycle, he said it is definitely a 'go' for including motorcycles on their insurance. Not to say that less than that is not an option, but you get the idea of the 'type' of response they would hope for to make this feasable for them. You will RSVP on the website. On the form, specifically say you are a motorcycle rider. Linky here: http://www.arkansasmotorsportranch.com/ ... tions.html

If you are not interested in a membership, (or like me, can't afford one), but would be seriously interested in Club Racing, you need to send an e-mail. Be specific:

'I ride a motorcyle. I would be interested in a Safety and Skills course (like the HART course at Hallett), or whether you are a CMRA racer and want a track that can accommodate a race, which Club you belong to, anything you can think you would like to see.' The suggestion about entering the paddocks from both sides is a good one, I think. He is familiar with racing porsches, but he has a friend who he states will understand the motorcycling aspect. I trust that, but also open yourself up for clarification in the e-mail so he can ask questions. e-mail that info here: info@arkansasmotorsportranch.com

What they need to know is who is interested, and in what capacity they are interested. This is put up or shut up time, guys.

We also need to get this specific information out to everyone. Everyone. The Air Force Base, other message boards and clubs. Everyone, now. June is the time he needs to make some major decisions.

If you have any questions, or you want me to get more info, I'll do my best.

Julie ;)
They got me in my pride. Trivia. I'm so trivial.
Tinks
Rolling Road Advocate

Postby irun123arkansas » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:47 pm

Sent my reservation in, just a standard membership for poor o'l me though.
Right cheekpad goes by Right ear, Left cheekpad goes by Left ear..... FYI
irun123arkansas
Site Supporter 2011
Site Supporter 2011

Bike: zx14R 8"stretch

Postby irun123arkansas » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:47 pm

This is my put up.
Right cheekpad goes by Right ear, Left cheekpad goes by Left ear..... FYI
irun123arkansas
Site Supporter 2011
Site Supporter 2011

Bike: zx14R 8"stretch

Postby Tinks » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Sticky: that's what I'm talkin' about.
They got me in my pride. Trivia. I'm so trivial.
Tinks
Rolling Road Advocate

Postby Xerxes » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:30 pm

Awesome, I'll get an email sent in and stuff when I get home from work tonight.
Si vis pacem para bellum
http://www.myspace.com/espdscalpel
Xerxes
Menace to Forum Society

Next

Return to Track Talk